Monday, May 08, 2006

Taking Back Our Homes

Our family recently received the Imprimis newsletter for the month of April. Although Dan said he has read several issues, this was the first one I had seen. It is a publication of Hillsdale College in Michigan, founded by the Freewill Baptists in the mid 19th century. I don't know how we got on their mailing list, but I was impressed by the article, Taking Back Our Homes, and its author, Rebecca Hagelin. It reminded me that while my children are in my home and under my care, God has given me the responsibility for what they see, hear and experience.

I invite you to read and let me know your thoughts.

5 comments:

MDM said...

Hi laura~~ We so enjoyed our time with you and your precious family sunday. I almost completely spilled the beans on Rachel's situation, but knew I would wind up a mess. We are guarding Rachel from knowing what is going on anyhow. I have felt more peace, but knew tears could not be prevented if I brought it up. God has some mighty plans for my baby. Thanks for your comment and the comfort it brought knowing you have been through health issues with children and the tough waiting period. I am really looking forward to our first field trip down to Trader Joe's!!

Laura said...

Mandy,
You are so precious and sweet! I know the waiting is the hardest part, and being a good mom, you would gladly trade places with your baby. We are praying for your family, that God will be present in your life in ALL ways as you seek His way.

I can't wait till you get up here, I need a shopping buddy!

Laurie B said...

So...where can I get a copy?

Laura said...

Laurie,
On their site there's a way to become a subscriber and receive their newsletter every month. If you want this particular one, I think you can request it online as well. Also, you can copy and print it to a word doc as long as you put on all of their "reprinted by permission..." stuff located at the bottom of the article.

Elizabeth C. said...

Very good article. Thanks for sharing it.