Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unbroken

Jeremiah 18:1-6

1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD saying,

2 "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will announce My words to you."

3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something on the wheel.

4 But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.

5 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,

6 "Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel."


The LORD God is my potter. If I remain soft and pliable to His ways, He is able to do good things through me. However if I become hard to Him, He can break me to accomplish His will.

It's easy listening to Satan tell me God made me a smart and strong woman and I can make my own decision without asking permission from anyone. If I continue down the path of selfishness, I can always count on paying the price later.

I have been broken before, and I pray for my will to be broken every day.

Unbroken

Fallen to pieces
(I am undone)
The things you said
(Manipulation)
I trusted you like a fool
While you made all the rules
So you searched me out
And you took me down

To be unbroken, what would that be?
If words that were spoken, had not shattered me
If I was unbroken, I’d never know
The beauty of hope, and how far grace will go
To be unbroken
To be unbroken

The things you found
(To use against me)
Have lost their sound
(When mercy ensoothed me)
I fell to the Father’s feet
His words washed all over me
And all the scars you made
Watch them fade away

To be unbroken, what would that be?
If words that were spoken, had not shattered me
If I was unbroken, I’d never know
The beauty of hope, and how far grace will go
To be unbroken
To be unbroken

I’ve tasted bitter, tasted sweet
Embraced the victory, and some defeat
I’ve tasted bitter, tasted sweet
I found the beauty in the place they meet

To be unbroken, what would that be?
If words that were spoken, had not shattered me
If I was unbroken, I’d never know
The beauty of hope, and how far grace will go
To be unbroken
To be unbroken


Unbroken by Zoe Girl

4 comments:

Jes said...

I love your words, sweet Laura.

You nailed it.

Love you much!
Jes

Laura said...

I put this up as a reminder to myself to die to self every day but I hope it helps others look to Christ for direction.

Love you too!

D.L. White said...

Hmmm... so I was scrolling back thru to start reading where I last remember leaving off on your blog... Yikes... I've got some catching up to do...

You starting blogging again in July - right around the time all my blog reading and posting came to a screeching halt... funny.

Anyway...like I said, I will try to read and catch up - looks like a lot of good stuff here.

Laura said...

You don't have to read it all tonight... get some sleep, you have a job!