Friday, July 21, 2006

What's Wrong With Me?

I'm coveting prayers right now, as I've been diagnosed with a throat infection again. This is my fourth since moving to Arizona last year, and before that I hadn't had one since being a teen (many years ago). I have continual sinusitis, aggravated by acute allergies which may be triggering an infection, but my GP doesn't know why I keep getting Strep. I have an appointment with an Ear Nose and Throat Dr. for a consultation, but the first appt. they could get for me was August 14. I am praying the Dr. will have a diagnosis, whether I am a Strep carrier or someone else in my immediate family is, and will have an effective course of treatment. I know God is in control of my physical body as well as my spiritual health and I know He is with me, all is in His hands.

Please pray for me and Dr. Altman as I seek his help.

6 comments:

MDM said...

I will pray for you. We don't have time to illness as mothers, huh? I will see a dr. on Monday for some hip/back pain and would appreciate your prayers, too. My bro has had similar problems as you and is looking at getting his tonsil/adenoids out if the infections keep up.

Laura said...

Thank you for your prayers, Mandy, I really feel at a loss right now. I like to be in control of things, and being a mom, I usually am! This is another way God is trying to get my complete attention, a good example to my kids that He can heal us. It's so easy to give credit to the Dr or the treatment, but God is behind it all.

The Dr I saw at Urgent Care on Wed said a tonsillectomy would be a last resort, which is why he recommended an ENT. I pray I don't have to go thru surgery, as I've heard it's pretty bad for grown-ups (the ice cream isn't a very good bribe!)

Shawn White said...

wow laura - i'll pass this news on to davina and we'll include you, your dr., and your family in our prayers as well. mr. mom will have to pick up your down-time :)

shawn

Laura said...

Thanks, Shawn. I have a feeling the Dr will say something to the effect of "you need to get more rest"... hmmm, ya think?!!!

Laurie B said...

I'm so sorry sweetie! You know I'd take care of you if I could. I'll keep you in my prayers for healing. I heard my cardiologist tell another patient, after they told him he was a miracle worker, "It's not me, it's God. All of your healing is God's power at work." How fantastic is that?

We'll keep you in our prayers. Keep us updated.

I love you Laura,
Laurie

Laura said...

Umm... Laurie? When are you coming to visit me, I miss you!