Monday, August 14, 2006

Back to School!

Whew! The summer is over, but not the weather... we are still in the fire furnace that is the Phoenix metro! We have been enjoying the evening thunderstorms, they cool it off for the kids to play outside in the rain and prepare for their baths. While we are getting ready for back to school for the kids, we are wishing they wouldn't grow up so fast!

Today was our oldests first day of 1st grade and her first full day at school. She was so excited for her first day, she woke up at 6:00 am and said, "Mommy, wake up, I'm going to be late for school!" I was really looking forward to sleeping another hour, but we got up and went to school, on time. I was worried she would be apprehensive about staying there after being home all summer, but I took her picture at her new desk and she smiled at me and said, "Bye Mom, see you after school!" What a big girl, way too soon for poor mommy! A big "thank you" to all those who prayed for her eye. God carried her little head to just the right spot when she fell. Praise Him, she has no damage to her eye! It is so much better than it was, and she hasn't been self-conscious about how it looks.

Our son had a fever yesterday, so he missed his first day of school for precautionary measures. He went to "Meet the Teacher" on Saturday and loved all the play-doh, play kitchen foods, cell phones (they have REAL ones!), and the big playground. He is so excited, his teachers are great, and he even has a friend from Church in his class! The day before his sister's accident, he was stung by a scorpion. We called poison control and they said as long as he didn't have an allergic reaction, there was no need for concern. He went right to bed and woke up the next morning as good as new. Things are usually good for this boy, he's a roll-with-the-punches kind of kid.

I had my appointment with Dr Altman today to talk about my chronic strep issues. I really liked him, and was very comfortable with our discussion. He was straight-forward about my three options, being; wait and see if I have another infection, have severe antibiotic treatment, or a tonsillectomy. He said he did not want to do the surgery, as there are more complications with adult elective surgery (I think adults just complain more), and it's possible I might never get another infection. However, his parting words were "Just call me if you want them out, I'll do it for you." So, the ball is in my court... if I do get another strep infection, I will have the surgery. Thank you all for your prayers, and continue to pray for our family, we love you all so much!

1 comment:

Laurie B said...

Hello! It looks like you have all had an eventful summer. I will have to call you for details on the fall and black eye. She looks like a little Rocky Balboa. I am so glad she was not self-conscience about it. They are all getting so big. From the pics Jill looks almost as big as Neil. Lots to share so I will call you on Saturday.

Love you all,
Laurie