Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Something New

Well, I guess my friends are wondering about my life and what's going on so I figured I'd better update my blog. I just hate checking other blogs to find they haven't been updated in over a month, so goes my life! Always time to read, never time to write.

The kids are doing well. Our oldest is in first grade, still adjusting to all day school. I think there is a lot of seat work that she is not used to, and she is a very active girl. I understand that she needs to be aware there is time for quiet and time for play, but it is hard to communicate that to a six year old. She seems to have a lot of friends and does well with her work. I think it is good for her to be away from home for a while, but I miss her all day.

Our son is a great kid. Everyone who meets him says so, so it's not just his Mom bragging on him. He is easily entertained, cooperative and is excited about anything (sounds like his older sister!) Everyone in his preschool class knows him, and his teachers go out of their way to hug him goodbye at the end of the day.

The baby is smart. She talks a lot and has the patience to figure out things if she wants to. She would probably toilet train by two, if I'd devote the time. I am still in awe at how fast she is growing. I think I'll have my work cut out for me on this one.

Dan's work is going well. I'm amazed he can be at home with us all the time and still provide for us. What an incredible blessing for our children that they have Daddy around anytime they need him.

We are so blessed with our beautiful home and wonderful friends here in AZ. If you are ever in the area, please stop by and have some tea and cake, our house is always open for you!

3 comments:

Jes said...

And we in Anthem love you! I'm so glad you're here. I know it was hard to leave CA., but I think God sent you here for me! :)

Thanks for your precious heart for God and for your friend!

Jes

Laurie B said...

How I wish you were just accross town. But, I know what a wonderful life you have now in sunny, Anthem. We were actually going to come see you last weekend but the night before we were going to call you to see if it was okay, I got a call and was going to have to take a class that Saturday for training poll workers. Now that I work full time, saturday was my only opportunity. Then JoAnn Kahn's daddy died so we sang for his funeral on Sunday. It turned out to be a full weekend here after all. Maybe soon.

We love you all. Give kisses to all my sweeties and tell them I love them. Bye for now

Laura said...

Oh Laurie, I've thought about calling you so many times lately! I miss you so much! I'm sorry I didn't call you before now, but please know you (and Ron) are on my heart and in my daily prayers.

Our open invitation is for you too, please take us up on it soon!

Love you!