Friday, May 11, 2007

Shewmaker Reunion




Last weekend, the Sam Shewmaker family had a short reunion before Sam and Nancy return to the mission field in Africa this September. We were blessed to have Jon and Gayle come to AZ from AR to have all the children and grandchildren together, the first time since Christmas 2005! We had a wonderful time of fellowship, food, laughter, food, playing, food, and prayer. I love each member of this family more than I can adequately express in words. If you ever have the chance to get to know any of them, you will be equally tied to them, I just get to be related!

For a family photo to commemorate the occasion, we drove to Sedona on Saturday. This picture was taken south of Sedona, as on the north side of Oak Creek we received rain and snow, which are not conducive to taking photos with small children. We did have a great time, just not much hiking around in the weather.

May the LORD continue to bless the Shewmaker and Roberts families as we follow Him in complete obedience. Although far in distance, we are ever close in heart.

6 comments:

Shawn White said...

That is great that the family was able to get together, visit and spend some time doing things. Hope it was refreshing for all involved.

Shawn

D.L. White said...

Glad you had a good time with your family. Thanks for sharing the great picture too! :) It's terrific. :)

Karen G. said...

Hi Laura! I don't know if you remember me - but my name is Karen and I used to date Marcus a LONG time ago when we went to Sunny Hills. I stumbled across your page and saw the photos of your beautiful family. I loved the photo of everyone at the reunion. I'm so happy that God has blessed you all with such beautiful families. I too have been blessed with a wonderful husband of 8 years(Mike)and two amazing children a son(6) and a daughter (3). I have been living in Michigan now for over 11 years now. Tell everyone that I said hello - God bless you all.

Laura said...

Hi Karen, of course I remember you! It's such a small world, you've found my blog... I love that!

I'm glad to hear about your family and that you are doing well.

I'll be sure to tell Marcus you said 'Hi'!

Unknown said...

Laura- Great family photo. I spent Thanksgiving one year with your grandparents in Arkansas. I'm not sure we have met but my husband & I went to school at Harding with Marcus. Any chance you could steer Marcus to my face book page so we can catch up with him? Thanks.

Laura said...

Hi Teleshia. I don't think Marcus has a Facebook. Is it alright with you if I add you as a friend and send you his email?

BTW, I'm only a Shewmaker by marriage... but I love them like my own family!