Friday, February 23, 2007

Experiencing God

One of the most important studies of the Word of God I have encountered is Experiencing God by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. The insights I learned from this study the first time I participated over eight years ago, enabled me to grow my relationship with God to a deeper level of faith and action. I learned how to know when God was speaking, what He was saying and what I had to do to obey. I was so impressed with what I learned from Experiencing God, I felt I had to complete the study more than once. In fact, I was enrolled as a student twice, lead a study once and read the textbook.

While I am serving our church on our elder selection committee, I decided to refresh my memory with the insights I found from the Word specifically in the Experiencing God Bible study. I love the Word of God so much, I want to share some of the Truth revealed through the Holy Spirit that I learned and had forgotten, so I will post some of these wonderful thoughts here. As I go through the study each day, I hope to post some of the things I learn.

I pray that the Spirit will speak clearly to each of you as you read the revealed Truth and study the Word of God to find His answers to all of your questions.

3 comments:

D.L. White said...

Shawn and I picked up this book, on your recommendation. Not sure when I'll get around to reading it, but it's definitely on my list. ;)

Laura said...

I hope you guys enjoy this book as much as I did. It was life changing to say the least and was one of the reasons we knew we had to come to Anthem. It was the clear call of God that brought us here and we are so blessed by our new family and friends at Canyon!

Shawn White said...

Yeah - thanks for the recommendation. Especially for someone with a weakness for books and who will buy one at the feeblest of provocations...

Shawn