Thursday, February 01, 2007

Someday

While driving in my car today, the song Someday by Nichole Nordeman was playing. So rare is the time I get to listen to something other than Veggie Tales, that when I do get the opportunity to hear something for adults, I am sure that I choose wisely.

Once again, the lyrics of Nicholes songs are so poignant from the Word of God that I have been inspired to write them out to encourage you. This song specifically made me think of my dear friends who are going through a tough time right now. May you find peace in this song as its poetry speaks from the Lord.

I believe in the rest of the story
I believe there's still ink in the pen
I have wasted my very last day
Trying to change what happened way back when

I believe it's the human condition
We all need to have answers to why
More than ever, I'm ready to say that
I will still sleep peacefully
With answers out of reach from me...

Until someday
All that's crazy
All that's unexplained
Will fall into place
And someday
All that's hazy
Through a clouded glass
Will be clear at last
And sometimes we're just waiting
For someday

We are born with a lingering hunger
We are born to be unsatisfied
We are strangers who can't help but wander
And dream about the other side...

Of someday
All that's crazy
All that's unexplained
Will fall into place
And someday
All that's hazy
Through a clouded glass
Will be clear at last
And sometimes we're just waiting
For someday

Every puzzle's always missing a piece
Every unsolved mystery
More than half of every whole
Rests in the Hands that hold you
For someday

And someday
All that's crazy
All that's unexplained
Will be beautiful, beautiful
And someday
All that's hazy
Through a clouded glass
Will be clear at last
And sometimes we're just waiting and waiting
For someday


from Brave by Nichole Nordeman

Although the entire chapter of 2 Corinthians speaks directly on this subject (Treasures in Jars of Clay), I have only posted the last three verses here in order that they would be read. I encourage you to read the whole chapter for encouragement.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

3 comments:

Shawn White said...

I love Nicole's entire "Brave" CD - what a fantastic disc. Every single song on that album is good. One of the few CD's we own where I don't need to skip tracks. :)

Good thoughts Laura.

Shawn

D.L. White said...

lol - I was just going to say the same thing - that entire album is awesome! Nicole is a very gifted gal! Thanks for sharing! :)

Laurie B said...

Your post was speaking to me. Isn't God amazing?! Ron and I are going through a very difficult time right now. I know there is an amazing and better life waiting for me. This world is not my home. I know that, but I still suffer here now. It's a true gift from God to have songwriters who are spirit filled to speak God's words of encouragement. I thank God for Nicole and You for sharing her words with me. I miss you!