Wednesday, April 12, 2006

God Speaks in Quiet Moments

So, it's late and my kids will be up and full of energy in a few hours. But here I am, writing away, instead of getting my beauty sleep. I've been on an emotional teeter-totter since yesterday when our precious baby Jill had her first birthday. My sweet friend Janis came over to give me some adorable frames she made, and I started to cry. I told her I was having one of those days where the littlest thing could make me cry, but I hadn't actually done it until she came over. I felt all the emotion of the past year, the babys birth, our move from Cali, a new Church, a new house, my girl starting school, ...it was overwhelming and it all came out when Janis stopped by to drop off a housewarming gift! I suppose I just needed to get it out and she was there at the right time, but I don't believe in coincidences, I do believe in God-incidences. God sent Janis to me at that moment to let me know that I can trust Him. He has a special plan, and He wants to be a part of my life to the smallest degree, but I have to ask. He brought us to AZ for a specific purpose and I will trust He will use our family for His glory in His time. I may never see the fruit of this journey, but that is not promised in this life. He is faithful and will always be here for me. Anytime.

2 comments:

Laurie B said...

So many changes in one year. I've had a year like that as well. God is faithful and awesome! He sends just the right people at just the right time to be there when we need them. It's His way of wrapping His loving arms around us so we can feel His love. I'm so glad you have those people around and they are willing to do God's work. God bless You!!!

Love and blessings,
Laurie

Laura said...

Laurie, Thank you so much for your comments, I have been so blessed with our new family at Canyon Church. But I sure miss you and Ron!