Monday, October 06, 2008

Injury

For those of you who have yet to hear the news, we are requesting prayers for my parents speedy recovery from injuries they both have to their leg/foot. Here's a run down of the events so far:

Dad
Three weeks ago, my father mis-stepped outside their house in Prescott and severed the tendon that attaches the knee cap to the quadriceps muscle in his thigh. Although he heard the "pop" in his leg, he waited two weeks to see an orthopedist for a consultation. The doctor informed my dad the usual procedure for this type of injury is surgery within 36 hours. Since my dad was at almost two weeks past the accident, the doctor was less than optimistic of success but he did perform the procedure last week. There will be extensive physical therapy after several months of recovery. Please pray for miraculous healing for my father.

Mom
When my mother was coming out of the house the day of the surgery to take my father to the hospital, she twisted her ankle on the stairs and broke the arch in her foot. Fortunately, they were already going to the hospital so she got an x-ray and diagnosis right away, but she still will need to see an orthopedist this week. She was told by the E.R. doctor to stay off her foot, but she has been unable to do so since she has been caring for my father. Please pray she will be able to follow through with the directions of her doctor and have complete healing.

We are blessed to be close enough to spend the past weekend at their house cleaning and making it more handicapped "friendly". They have a wonderful church family in Prescott that has been so gracious to bring meals and offer to drive them to appointments. They have had a wheelchair, walker and a set of crutches loaned to them so they are some what mobile but this new house has steep concrete stairs leading up to the front door, so they are unable to go outside for the fear of taking another fall.

We'll be spending the upcoming weekend there again to do some cleaning, shopping and whatever they need. Please pray for our strength too. It's been hard for me to see my parents unable to care for themselves.

4 comments:

GAR said...

So sorry to hear this! I am glad you are close enough to give some relief...

D.L. White said...

They look to be of positive spirits in the picture... but what terrible luck to both be done up like this!!!

I'm sure they appreciated the help you gave them this last week. We'll continue to pray for them.

Laurie B said...

What a great picture! I love your folks. Tell them Hello! from me. I will pray they are both up and running soon.

Love you all, Laurie

Laura said...

This picture made me sad for a while, but they are doing very well now. Dad has physical therapy every week and the doctor thinks he'll have to go for anther 3 months at least.

Mom is doing everything as normal, but she's totally wiped out at the end of the day!

Although many prayers have already been answered, please continue to pray for them to follow doctors orders so they will have complete healing.

Thanks to everyone again.
Laura